Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

vulnerable 2yo ds - wondering about the vaccine

(4 Posts)
LargeLatte Tue 15-Sep-09 20:44:58

ds2, 2yrs 6mo has asthma and is under paed for possible immunity deificiency.Pretty sure he would qualify for vaccine but don't know if I want him to have it.

He had all the normal vaccines and tbh I can't put my finger on why I don't like this one- except maybe for the newness factor.

Anyone else in similiar position? Do you know if I can find impartial information on pros and cons anywhere?

cheerfulvicky Wed 16-Sep-09 12:45:52

Hullo LL
It's almost impossible to find impartial pros and cons - I've tried. Everything posted, both for and against, seems coloured by some kind of agenda. It's frustrating.

I think you need to go with your instinct on this. It's your child and your choice, so although its hard you'll pretty much have to make up your own mind. I do know how you feel though. It's such a hard choice isn't it?

LargeLatte Thu 17-Sep-09 17:22:31

thanks. I just get frustrated that we are treated like such morons and not provided with unbiased information to be able to make up our own minds.

hooplahoop Fri 18-Sep-09 18:33:31

In very similar position here, can you ask for an appointment with your consultant? I brought forward our out -patient appointment this week so I could talk to him, which was kinda useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now