Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else been left wiped out after sf?

(2 Posts)
AbbyLou Wed 26-Aug-09 15:56:11

My dd(2) was 'diagnosed' with probable sf on Monday. She has a high temp, sore throat, cough and runny nose. The temp has subsided, just the odd peak now and then and as far as I can tell, her throat is better. She still has a terrible runny nose and a cough which is really bothering her at night. Every time I think she is picking up she goes back downhill. I think it has just left her completely wiped out. She is crying on and off all the time because she is so tired. She is in bed now but seems restless.

ShowOfHands Wed 26-Aug-09 15:58:51

I think even with a 'normal' virus you'd expect a couple of weeks to recover fully so it makes sense that she's still struggling a little bit now.

DH had it quite virulently and was wiped out for weeks afterwards. He was sleeping from 6pm until 11am each night and still napping in the day for a week and then struggled for a good 4/5 weeks to feel completely well again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now