Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Me and DH both ill with same bug.....according to the national flu pandemic website DH has swine flu but I don't.....what?

(2 Posts)
kitesarefun Wed 26-Aug-09 11:10:04

I got ill first on Saturday night.
DH got it last night - presumably he caught it from me.

We both have the same symptoms: temp, achey all over, exhausted, nausea. Only difference is I was actually sick (DH not), and DH says he has a mild sore throat (I don't).

We both did the national flu pandemic questionnaire when we got ill - apparently I don't have swine flu......but DH does (he got a code for anti-virals). WTF?

I personally don't think either of us has swine flu, cause we not that ill. And as we don't want to take the anti-virals I don't suppose it matters anyway.

I'm more concerned about other people who may catch it from us, as we obv know a lot of people who are pregnant / have babies etc. But as I don't officially have it I can go back to work tomorrow and see my friends. But DH can't.

What do you think?

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 26-Aug-09 22:10:26

I think that it doesnt really matter what the name of your bug is, if you feel that you've not had symptoms for 24 hours then you probably won't be contagious and should be able to back to work. If you still feel that you are contagious then its not very kind to share it, particularly as we go into autumn and people are going to get quite stressy about bugs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now