Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long should children be off school with SF?

(7 Posts)
weegiemum Sun 23-Aug-09 10:05:23

Dd2 was sent home Wed afternoon with temp/cough

Ds and dd2 kept off Thursday

Dd1 kept off Friday.

Dd2 now better. Ds pretty much better. Dd1 still a bit under the weather.

I'd like to send dd2 and (probably) ds back to school tomorrow. But wanted to know if there is a minimum length of time the school expect them to be off? I don't want to have to go pick them up if they are not supposed to be back (like they are supposed to be off 48 hours with D&V, for eg).

Can't call the school to ask in the morning as the school office doesn't open until 8.15 and they get on the school bus at 8.

Mainly don't want to have to arrange to pick them up as I have it too and feel rotten!

weegiemum Sun 23-Aug-09 15:26:04

Bump? Any idea??

(am planning on sending the 2 youngest back as they are totally fine today - dd1 still under the weather!)

lal123 Sun 23-Aug-09 15:44:56

well I know for my workplace (NHS) its 24 hours symptom free - but as long as they are not coughing or sneezing they won't be contagious

weegiemum Sun 23-Aug-09 15:54:13

Yes - younger 2 no symptoms today except ds a bit tired (didn't want to go to rugby training).

Dd1 still headachey, sore throat, sore tummy.

Me knackered!

abra1d Sun 23-Aug-09 16:11:11

My children resurfaced when they'd been symptom-free for 24 hours (though we did have some children before then round to the house, warning the parents that there was still a risk of contagion).

dmo Thu 15-Oct-09 21:12:35

NHS have said to stay away from anybody for 7 days from onset of symptoms

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 16-Oct-09 13:02:17

Our school are now saying 48 hours after no temp (without calpol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now