Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Symptoms

(10 Posts)
mummynumnum Tue 18-Aug-09 17:19:21

DD got a high temp and complaining of backache and head hurting-SF or something else viral. I had sf couple of weeks ago but she did not get it. Got bit of wiffy bottom as well.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 20:06:24

It could be, but there's not real way of discerning between the flu virus and another virus except the sudden onset of symptoms. If it's come on over the course of four hours, it probably is flu.

mummynumnum Tue 18-Aug-09 20:57:40

Doyouthink the back ache is her wa
y of telling me she feels achy. She is 3.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 21:03:11

Could be - she's not fallen over or anything. It would be worth asking her to point to where it hurts! DD always says 'my shoulder hurts' regardless of where she is sore (she's nearly 3 too).

Or you could undress her and pad gently from her tailbone up to her neck with your fingers. Be very watchful, if she has a stiff neck and cannot put her head to her chest - I'm sure I don't need to tell you this - but if this is the case, call for help immediately.

mummynumnum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:12:52

She can move neck. When ask her to show me where it hurts she points to middle of lower back. Points to head as well.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 21:14:41

That's unusual for flu - flu normally affects the joints worst of all - so as well as headache for example your arm and leg joints would ache a lot and it might hurt to breathe.

I would suggest she might have a urinary infection. Does her wee smell very strongly?

mummynumnum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:17:10

Not that have noticed but got bit if wiggy bottom!

mummynumnum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:32:28

I mean wiffy bottom!

dikkertjedap Wed 19-Aug-09 12:37:50

I thought that headache is one of the symptoms of swine flu. But does she have a cold/cough etc? Maybe best to give GP a call to avoid incorrect diagnosis.

mummynumnum Thu 20-Aug-09 20:42:18

Dont think it was-much better but still a wiffy bottom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now