DS has SF as of yesterday and is really sick and on Tamiflu now. I feel fine at the moment, but I am worried because next week I am due to go on a residential camp with 150 kids as part of my work. If I'm still not sick is it OK to go? Or could I be incubating it and be at risk of transmitting it to all these children? I have rung my teaching union and they didn't know. If the situation was reversed and it was my DS going on camp and another teacher coming from a SF home, I wouldn't be happy. What do you think?
well my girls have sw atm too, and im due to take 114 children and their familes to seaside on friday. If girls are ok and im showing no signs, i will go. If you are going to get it from them im sure you'll show signs soon.
The incubation period for swine flu is about five days. You are contagious a day before you develop symptoms to seven days afterwards. So you might be okay but I'd decide in 48 hours if I were you. Good luck