Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS has SF. I don't but I have to work with children next week - what do I do?

(6 Posts)
grownupbabes Mon 17-Aug-09 14:30:29

DS has SF as of yesterday and is really sick and on Tamiflu now. I feel fine at the moment, but I am worried because next week I am due to go on a residential camp with 150 kids as part of my work. If I'm still not sick is it OK to go? Or could I be incubating it and be at risk of transmitting it to all these children? I have rung my teaching union and they didn't know. If the situation was reversed and it was my DS going on camp and another teacher coming from a SF home, I wouldn't be happy. What do you think?

well my girls have sw atm too, and im due to take 114 children and their familes to seaside on friday. If girls are ok and im showing no signs, i will go. If you are going to get it from them im sure you'll show signs soon.

frAKKINPannikinAGRIPPA Tue 18-Aug-09 19:27:47

My OH has swine flu, I work with children and an eldery person so I was advised not to work - 3 days later I now have SF. I wouldn't risk it.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 19:29:27

The incubation period for swine flu is about five days. You are contagious a day before you develop symptoms to seven days afterwards. So you might be okay but I'd decide in 48 hours if I were you. Good luck

grownupbabes Wed 19-Aug-09 12:44:01

Thanks. Feeling headachy and have a bit of a cough now, so I think I'll just forewarn them at this point so they can get cover on standby.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Wed 19-Aug-09 15:24:02

Doh! Well I hope you all feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now