Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just how long is the anorexic bit going on for other people after swine flu?

(4 Posts)
whomovedmychocolate Sun 09-Aug-09 19:55:24

GP said we had it - I am not too sure but have some sort of post viral thing going on so I'm posting this in swine flu.

For the first couple of weeks just felt knackered as recovering but I've sort of realised I have lost all need or desire to eat. I just don't feel hungry. I've lost a bit of weight, which is okay, I don't mind that too much but it's been going on four weeks now and it'll become a problem soon.

GP says it's really common with swine flu that people just go off food. Must say though it doesn't seem to have affected DS that way (though DD is not eating a lot either).

DH is getting worried about me and started nagging. hmm

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 09-Aug-09 22:29:04

I don't know how long it goes on for but interestingly one study found that ferrets lose more weight with swine flu than with seasonal flu.

Thats a fact to stun friends with grin

Goober Sun 09-Aug-09 22:31:59

My DD is just getting over it too. Luckily she isn't going through this phase as she is just recovering from an eating disorder.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 10-Aug-09 07:51:54

OYBK - well I don't have a hairy chin yet but worth bearing in mind wink

Goober - that must be worrying for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now