Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pregnant Ladies - will you be having the swine flu vaccine?

(5 Posts)
waitingwaiting Sun 09-Aug-09 16:07:18

Hi,

I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant and must admit that the swine flu is worrying me somewhat silly, particularly as the baby is due in December when things are predicted to get a lot worse. I'm undecided about taking the swine flu vaccine as I hear that it may not be 100% safe..... but then worry that if I didnt have it and caught swine flu, it would put me and baby at risk.

would be interested to hear your thoughts on this, if you are pregnant, will you be having the vaccine? Are you worrying yourselves silly about the winter months like me?????!

xx

laurawantsababy Sun 09-Aug-09 21:09:47

Not sure yet. Have been wondering that myself.

I also have a 1yo dd and Im wondering about her having it.

I am thinking to maybe wait a month or so until it has been people tested and see what happens.

TXB Mon 10-Aug-09 17:53:23

Same - I'm unsure too. Would like to know other women's thoughts. I'm also 21 weeks, due smack bang in the midst of winter and like you, am worried.

waitingwaiting Thu 13-Aug-09 15:42:36

"Would like to know other women's thoughts"

Hi TXB, I posted the same question on the 'pregnancy' thread and there has been lots of relies so you may wish to have a look....

jojomama27 Mon 17-Aug-09 10:34:59

Hi I'm 26 weeks pregnant and am wondering the same thing about the vaccine. I can understand why we pregnant women are a priority to receive it, but I can't help wondering if it's safe? They say the virus may mutate so would it be worth the risk of taking the vaccine if it will be rendered useless? I'm due in November so I may miss the uptake anyway, but then you've got to wonder if it's safe whilst breast feeding?

I'm also concerned about the upcoming winter months, not only about keeping myself and partner safe but my newborn baby. Would people think I'm mad to ask them to use alcohol gel before coming in the house? And how do you know they've not been in contact with an infected person? I've become ridulously paranoid, is this just me??

I think we need a lot more information before the government can expect us to to have the vaccine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now