Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just completed the online assessment and i qualify for Tamiflu .Not sure if i want to take it.

(7 Posts)
Beauregard Wed 05-Aug-09 18:45:43

Felt rough during mon night.
Woke up yesterday with the worst headache ive ever head which also went through my sinus's and ears.
By yesterday afternoon i had a soaring temp and shivers(didnt take as i literally couldnt move and cried like a babyblush)but i was so hot and my heart was racing.Muscle aches and stabbing pains in joints.loss of appetite.
Iv'e just moved from bed to sofa.Temp has gone down today but still achey ,tired and stabbing pains in joints and very slight tickly cough.

Bit worried about taking tamiflu

MitchyInge Wed 05-Aug-09 18:49:50

am taking tamiflu and apart from being sick a couple of times in the night it hasn't had any adverse effects

my dr told me it was important to take it as it reduces length of time I'll have symptoms, thereby reducing risk of passing it on to vulnerable people for whom it might be much more serious

Beauregard Wed 05-Aug-09 19:06:11

Hmm dont fancy being sick on top,will get dp to collect but see how i am tommorrow i think.
Thanks,hope you are on the road to recovery.
Great name too.

jeee Wed 05-Aug-09 19:08:25

I'm no medic but I was under the impression that if you don't take tamiflu within the first 48 hours of symptons it's pointless - so if you haven't started taking it now it's probably too late for it to have any use. I'd at least check with someone who knows whether this is the case.

Horton Wed 05-Aug-09 19:27:41

Don't worry about the Tamiflu. I had no side effects at all from mine.

Gotte Thu 06-Aug-09 10:33:09

From what I understand it doesn;t have to be in the first 48 hours, but the longer you leave it, the less effective it is. I think it acts on the virus and stops it spreading as effectively as normal. I suspect after a few days, it's in there, and there's little you can do.

Beauregard Thu 06-Aug-09 10:42:06

Ah not much point getting it then thanks.
Feeling much better today ,a little tired and weak but otherwise ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now