Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If your DP or DC had swine flu, how long until you got it or did you escape?

(5 Posts)
expectingagain Mon 03-Aug-09 16:09:46

DP has swine flu - definately flu or some kind but we've been told to assume its swine flu. He's had symptoms for 4 days now. So far me and DC are ok but as I'm expecting again am a bit anxious. We're not showing any signs yet but I was wondering if any MNers has experience of catching/not catching it from family members. In theory he should be contagious while he has symptoms so probably for 1 more day then there's an incubation period of upto 7 days so I guess we've got a while to wait yet?

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 03-Aug-09 16:15:22

had it first, ds2 caught it 2 days later (though I guess we could have been infected simultaneously)

Now we have 3 with it, ds4 recovered, me with the hangovers and DH still totally clear. As per normal.

yummymummy310 Mon 03-Aug-09 16:51:17

My eldest got it first, then my youngest 48 hours later, then me 48 hours after that, my husband didn't get it either, hope you are all better soon and you escape it, if you do get it try and rest as I tried to soldier on thinking it wasn't too bad and ended up really poorly and with a secondary infection x

alittleteapot Tue 04-Aug-09 22:20:46

I know two families in which one member has had it and no one else has gone on to get it.fingers crossed for you.

Goober Tue 04-Aug-09 22:24:02

My DD has it. She is on day 5 now. None of us have got it. There are 5 of us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now