Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling really rough but no temp, swine flu?

(19 Posts)
Marne Sun 02-Aug-09 17:54:45

I started feeling ill on friday night, felt sick, woke up sat aching all over, bad stomach, feeling rough and slightly runny nose, feeling a bit better today but still not eating and feeling sick.

Not sure if its swine flu as no high temp?

I had a kidney infection a few weeks ago (so could be linked to that), i am due to have a scan tomorrow for possible kidney stones, should i still go?

Marne Sun 02-Aug-09 18:08:54

bump, sorry i suppose you are all fed up with the 'swine flu' threads sad.

Nessarose Sun 02-Aug-09 18:24:52

Not Sure it could be either but call nhs direct. 08454647

swishyswashyswishyswashy Sun 02-Aug-09 20:51:28

NHS direct will say no if no temperature (though there's a small chance it still could be, though doesn't sound bad enough for any antivirals).

It may not matter whether it is or not though - the hospital may not want you visiting them to have a scan if you've anything infectious like even just a d&v bug, so you should mention it directly to them and see what they say, if you've still got symptoms.

yummymummy310 Sun 02-Aug-09 21:55:46

symptoms sound similar to SF but hard to say we all had a temp with SF. Did you have a very sudden cough? The thing with SF is it tends to be very sudden I think in my experience, one minute you are not too bad the next you feel soooo poorly. But every case is different so hard to say.

Hope you are ok and get better soon, that's bad timing for you with the scan due. May be worth being checked over by a doc if possible with you having had a kidney infection as could be connected to that maybe?x

Marne Mon 03-Aug-09 08:58:09

Feeling a little better today, i don't think it is sf as no temp and only slight cough, i feel like i have been hit by a bus and feel really sick but i felt like this with the kidney infection (maybe i have another infection). I'm going to go for the scan as i have waited a while to get an appointment and i want to rule out any kidney problems. If i still feel rough later a will phone my GP and get tested for kidney infection and ask about sf (if they let me in the surgery).

corblimeymadam Mon 03-Aug-09 11:00:36

Message withdrawn

Marne Mon 03-Aug-09 12:57:06

Thanks belgianbun, being an emetophobe doesn't help sad, i would much rather have the cold symptoms than the feeling sick/bad tummy symptoms any day.

I went for the scan and scan showed nothing, also had an x-ray but need to wait 3-4 days for resaults. Hospital was full of people coughing etc.

bubblagirl Mon 03-Aug-09 13:08:56

ive got really bad virus that has knocked me for 6 went to gp and she said its very common at the moment and also contagious

feel sick head aches, throats sore no temp bad cough but its a virus not swine flu but never had this bad with a virus before its knocked me now for days feel terrible

MrsOnTheMove Mon 03-Aug-09 13:12:00

Marne

Not sure if it will help, but sounds like something I had last week. Sore throat, bit of a cough - general awful feeling and horrific nausea.. (had chemo years ago and know what nausea can be like!)

DD had had antivirals for SF and doctor prescribed me some but to be honest I wasn't convinced - think we both had a virus hmm anyway it went as quick as it came, Friday couldn't move from sofa, Saturday felt fine? Overall lasted about 5 days.

By the way didn't bother with the anti-virals.

Hope you feel better soon

swishyswashyswishyswashy Mon 03-Aug-09 17:51:44

Swine flu is a virus!

swishyswashyswishyswashy Mon 03-Aug-09 17:54:37

I'm not saying your illnesses were swine flu, by the way, only that it is a virus too.

bubblagirl Mon 03-Aug-09 17:56:52

mine was throat virus no swine flu no temp doc said very bad throat virus about

Marne Wed 05-Aug-09 08:46:52

Almost better here (just a nasty taste in my mouth that doesn't seem to go), Dh is now feeling ill and is ringing the SF helpline. The dd's havn't been ill and lets hope they don't get it. Still unsure if it is SF but i think dh is going to take tamiflu as it may stop the dd's getting it if it is SF.

Have any of you had side effects from Tamiflu?

yummymummy310 Wed 05-Aug-09 09:01:56

we didn't but I know some people do get them. Think it's a case of weighing up carefully the pros and cons, depending on how convinced you are it's SF as SF can be v nasty in my experience but no point taking it for a 'normal' virus x

SixtyFootDoll Wed 05-Aug-09 21:26:09

Marne i have al the symptoms you have described
DS's had it last week, not sure if the SF or a virus?
Feel reaally grotty though

MollieO Wed 05-Aug-09 21:44:53

I've got all the symptoms of SF but only briefly had a high temp so I'm assuming it is a different virus. Feel dreadful though. Have spent two days at home so far watching daytime tv or sleeping.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 05-Aug-09 21:59:04

I am the same - terrible stomach cramps and nausea

Eilatan Fri 07-Aug-09 11:46:57

Had temp and felt achy. After 2 days feel fine except awful sore throat and horrid taste in mouth. Feel like have drank bleach!

Also the nerves in my legs keep jumping!

I think I have piglet flu or Big Swine Flu's Little Brother!

Maybe it's because I'm old, 43, and have the resistence to fight it off? I do remember playing with pigs when I was about 4 that had swine fever.

Am I nuts to think this? I'm just hoping that this is it and it's as bad as I'm going to get it.

I felt awful on Tuesday/wednesday but I would have still definitely picked up £50 notes! I would have got on my knees to do it though!

Hope all you sufferers are better soon!

XXXXXXXXXX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now