Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how much longer will I feel so crap?

(15 Posts)
faustina Sun 02-Aug-09 15:23:14

god I am so fed up, Started tamiflu monday before last (jul 20th) . still feel totally exhausted 95% of the time. have lost fever, but head still aches and ear too. mainly just can hardly move. Anyone know how much longer this is meant to go on for? Should I call my gp? meant to be going away next monday : (

minimu Sun 02-Aug-09 15:34:02

Faustina you poor poppet. It is horrid when you have felt so rough for a long time. I would call your Dr on Monday you could have an ear infection if that is still hurting. We women have got to stop being marytrs and get the help when you need it! Hassle the Dr. Really hope you feel better soon.

faustina Sun 02-Aug-09 15:41:03

minimu thank you for being so nice : ) ear stops and starts and stops again - it's weird. will phone gp tomorrow

yummymummy310 Sun 02-Aug-09 20:58:18

yeah sympathise completely know just how you feel, I got SF 2 weeks ago on Tuesday and am still feeling EXHAUSTED, spent all weekend in bed again this weekend as was so tired and achey still. I went to GP Friday he said I still had a temp and flu symptoms and that I'd got swollen lining of my chest walls hence all the rib pain. It's worth being checked over as you may have an ear infection or something and think is a good idea to be checked over after having flu anyway really.

Hope you feel better soon, hard being so poorly and being a Mum isn't it? I was already worn out before I got it as we had a bad time of it with my eldest with the SF she had bad breathing problems and I couldn't sleep for worrying, we also spent a night in A&E.

Have you been off work or do you not work if you don't mind me asking? I only do 7 hours a week and have been off the past 2 weeks, I just don't feel up to going back it sounds pathetic but it's really drained me, feel too guilty to be off another week, though my job it quite energetic and I work with young people so not sure if it's wise going in.

Hope you feel better soon, chin up, a holiday may do you good!smile

faustina Mon 03-Aug-09 05:09:23

yummymummy thank you for the sympathy. Am passing it back to you. it must have been awful worrying about your eldest at the same time.

my youngest ds had it too but wouldn't admit it - he had no fever but all the other symptoms. He didn't go out for the week and infect other people, just wouldn't admit (he is 17 and stubborn)

am feeling 5% less crap this morning (so far) but dreading promise to take ds shopping in london today. I've already postponed it three times due to flu and then train strike.

annoyingly it comes and goes - one day it's not so bad, the next I can barely move

I'm not working at the moment so I haven't had a problem with that. You definitely shouldn't go back until you feel better

giraffesCantCatchSwineFlu Mon 03-Aug-09 05:28:57

Oh no poor you I am a week today since symptoms started and am feeling more like normal now, but lastnight I did have a temp and I feel more like I have a sinus infection now - sore ears, pressure in face, head ache and feel like Im under water.

Hope you feel better soon

Was about to post about exhaustion post-swine flu, then saw this post.....

Symptoms all gone, but am absolutely wiped out - no matter how much sleep I get it's not enough sad. Never been this tired before, but everyone just thinks am being a lazy cow when I say I need another early night. Am a cm and have children tomorrow - will be in bed after they've gone home....

yummymummy310 Mon 03-Aug-09 20:09:03

thanks faustina you are so right it really comes and goes it's so worrying too isn't it that you feel it's still got a hold of you. I always feel much better when I've been resting then when things return to normal and I'm running around after a 3 and 4 year old all day the SF seems to bite me again.
Hope the shopping trip wasn't too bad presuming you made it.

Poor you underpaidandoverworked, it leaves you so drained doesn't it. Hope you feel better soon bet being a cm is hard work for you when you feel so tired x

faustina Tue 04-Aug-09 06:08:20

well, we managed shopping trip (just). Pay off is endlessly grateful ds, and nice new pair of trousers : ). It reminds me of when I was a student and had glandular fever - you'd spend days doing nothing, feel ok, go out, feel dead again. worst part is when people thinking you're making it up - because you're ok sometimes - like overpaidandunderworked says. Hope we all feel better soon. I think my holiday will consist mainly of sleeping - am going off on my own for the first time for years - hooray : )

muppet3 Tue 04-Aug-09 06:44:43

Just looking for sympathy ... think prob have SF (thank you online diagnosis, on tamiflu since last night) and am feeling utterly rotten and haven't slept for 2 nights now because everything hurts so much

Desperate to kick this thing. So grateful that dh and dd (2) seem ok still.

2nd week off work and i am feeling so tired still... i don't seem able to sleep at night & know i should try not to sleep so much during the day, but am so tired... good news is that no-one else in family has caught it.

yummymummy310 Tue 04-Aug-09 08:53:07

that's good news that everyone else ok tiredbuthappworkingmum, glad the shopping trip wasn't too terrible faustina I'm exhausted still going out too but still struggling sleeping, hope you enjoy the holiday! Sorry you're joning the SF club muppet3 hopefully you will kick it soon the first 5 days seem to be the worst x

Julezboo Tue 04-Aug-09 12:12:02

I was off work for two weeks altogether, I came back yesterday but I am still achy and tired, People keep telling me I look washed out (gee thanks!)

Can't afford no more time off though but lots of early nights!!

thanks for the support. i walked to the chemist and back yesterday (the 1st time I had left the house in 9 days!) and came back wiped out. still not sleeping properly at night... i haven't been off sick for so long I am feeling quite stressed and guilty about it.

yummymummy310 Wed 05-Aug-09 08:51:48

yeah I've been the same, just too completely drained for going to work, feel bad same as you though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now