Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swollen glands and swine flu

(5 Posts)
stringerbell Sun 02-Aug-09 12:12:32

Message withdrawn

muddle78 Sun 02-Aug-09 17:45:59

dunno answers to your questions but sister in bed with swolen glands everywhere. she feels really tired and has mild temperature. we had assumed it wasn't swine flu because no chest prob. i will watch this thread with interest!

stringerbell Sun 02-Aug-09 17:48:11

Message withdrawn

elvislives Sun 02-Aug-09 17:56:48

I had the throat/ neck thing and it lasted for a week. After 3 days I'd had enough and went to GP and got a week's worth of ABs. It was only 36 hours after starting the ABs that the pain went.

DH had the same symptoms and we went through the SF thing on the NHS site and it authorised tamiflu. He started taking it and within less than 24 hours his pain was gone. He was completely better within 48 hours.

yummymummy310 Sun 02-Aug-09 21:09:58

can't say we had swollen glands or neck pain with the SF, we had temp, cough, headaches, achey joints, muscle spasms, very chesty (I got a secondary infection too) no energy at all and bit dizzy, my eldest had breathing problems. Everyone is different so could be SF but would think you need to be checked by a doc as could be something different that isn't viral so you may need antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon. Problem is if they think you may have swine flu they may make you go to the flu clinic if you aren't sure you've got flu wouldn't go there or you might catch that too if that isn't what you've got.

Hard to know what to do, I'd phone you GP and explain that you're concerned it isn't swine flu and that you need antibiotics and need to be seen and see what they suggest. I think there is a lot of misdiagnosis about as nearly all viruses and several bacterial infections have similar symptoms, is so hard to tell isn't it sorry I can't be more help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now