Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yes its another 'Is it or isnt it' question about swine flu?

(9 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 31-Jul-09 15:43:51

ds has had a cough for two days.
This morning he felt very hot, his temp was 37.4 in our ear and 36.5 in the other hmm
He is sneezing a bit, and a bit lethargic but other than that he's fine.

Would you bother phoning GP?

I am prayng its nothing as we are off to Legoland and Windsor for the weekend smile

EustaciaVye Fri 31-Jul-09 15:47:42

temp doesnt sound that high to me. I think SF has been seeing temps of 39-40. I would see how he is later.

Hope he is better soon.

mosschops30 Fri 31-Jul-09 15:49:04

yes, i realise we are not even in the 'high temp' bracket.
Just wondered if anyone else started like this or if it was worth phoning GP.

Thanks eust smile

EustaciaVye Fri 31-Jul-09 15:50:53

I havent had SF by the way, just approaching as I would any virus. If you're worried call the fluline, and if she gets worse too.

seeker Fri 31-Jul-09 15:58:20

It doesn't matter whether it's swine flu or not. He's poorly, treat the symptoms.

mosschops30 Fri 31-Jul-09 16:03:17

seeker I am of course treating his symptoms, that wasnt what the OP was about if you read it you would see that

mosschops30 Fri 31-Jul-09 16:03:56

eust, its GP here, we are in Wales so no flu line thank god!

giraffesCantRunA10k Fri 31-Jul-09 16:04:26

Fingers crossed its not sf

yummymummy310 Fri 31-Jul-09 18:08:44

hope not but even if it is sounds like a mild dose, My girls were suddenly hot/sore/throat/headache and cough altogether very suddenly, me too actually with SF, doesn't sound sudden enough to me to be SF but every child and case is different so would monitor it closely just to be safe and keep an eye out for v high temp or wheeze.

Problem is if you are told possible SF you won't be able to go to Legoland due to quarantine. Most kids seem to shake SF pretty quick anyway, my eldest was just unlucky with how it affected her breathing so badly. I've had it 10 days and still got a temp! I had secondary infection though so went back to doc to check if it had cleared as still felt unwell and he said it's the flu making me unwell that's why I've still got temp, enflamed lining of chest walls etc

Hope what ever it is it clears up fast and he's well soon and you have a good weekend x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now