Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

or not?

(7 Posts)
hamandegger Fri 31-Jul-09 08:58:28

I am 23 wks pg, and had bad diarrhea last night and a cough has come on. no fever, and I am prone to bad stomachs in pg, and being sick or having diarrhea in the night isnt uncommon for me. however dh is panicking and wants me to call doctors to get prescription, but i dont want to be prescribed anything unnecessarily. I am v tired, but that could be because i was up in the night with stomach (which is OK now) and dd. Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate some sane advice.

dikkertjedap Fri 31-Jul-09 09:05:03

Maybe seeing the doctor will either reassure you that this is not swine flu or if the doctor thinks that it might be swine flu he'll get you the prescription. You can pick it up and later decide whether you want to take it if you feel very unsure. Given that it is Friday, might be better to see doctor now though because in the weekend can be quite difficult (I suppose depends also how good out of hours services are where you are and how close they are). Good luck.

yummymummy310 Fri 31-Jul-09 09:27:30

doesn't sound like it to me (3 of us had SF) but agree may be best to see doc with you being pregnant as symptoms can vary, as you may have trouble getting seen over the weekend. Hope you feel better soon x

hamandegger Fri 31-Jul-09 09:46:48

Thanks both, I cant decide what is just general tiredness and what's illness. Im also really cold, but thought i should have a fever for SF?

dikkertjedap Fri 31-Jul-09 11:27:31

I agree that it doesn't sound like SF, but I am not a doctor. Also, my daugher has been having chills when sleeping. We went to see a doctor and he told us that that tends to be the aftermath of a virus. I just would get checked just in case, also it being Friday and it might be more difficult to see a doctor out of hours (unless you got good out of hours where you are) - have you taken your temperature? My dd was below 36 degrees.
Good luck.

hamandegger Fri 31-Jul-09 11:37:39

we do have a good out of hours, by temp has been about 36 constantly. will have lunch and see how that sits with me. thanks for your advice.

yummymummy310 Fri 31-Jul-09 11:47:36

I felt cold but was actually very hot when took temp, in fact went to doc today as still got bad rib pain and feeling unwell and was worried about infection and he said it's still the flu making me unwell and I stil have a temperature 10 days later I didn't even realise.

Hope you continue to stay cool and well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now