Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS has had a cough and on and off wheeziness since Monday

(6 Posts)
wasabipeanut Thu 30-Jul-09 13:24:09

but temps have been variable - one minute he is running a temp of over 38 but calpol brings it down and he's fine for 12 hours or more but then seems to get hot again.

He has been ok in himself though - still eating and playing as normal. He is not quite 2 so can't really tell me if he has a sore throat or not but how likely is it this is swine flu?

I just don't know what to think - complicating matters is the fact that I am 13 weeks pg.

Has anyone else had a diagnosis confirmed on cough/slight snottiness/variable temperature alone?

yummymummy310 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:48:55

no but that was similar to how my youngest was with SF if just she had it not sure we'd have know was that, however my eldest was a lot more poorly as was I, so we knew what it was. Aslong as he doesn't seem very poorly I woudn't worry unduley, seems like he's fighting it himself what ever it is.

Would keep an eye on the wheeze though as my eldest had was appeared like an accute asthma attack but was actually due to a flu induced wheeze, she's fine now and I don't want you to panic as this is an unusual reaction, just keep an eye on it if it gets worse or he suddenly starts gasping seek help.

Think if that was going to happen it would have done so by now as that happened to my eldest less than 24 hours after symptoms of cough, temp and sore throat. Like I say is rare too.

My girls are fine now though saw it off in a week, I'm just starting to get over it now.

Hope hes better soon x

Hope he's better soon x

missmapp Thu 30-Jul-09 14:57:24

Ds1 has these symptoms and Im not sure, no one else in the family is ill(so far!!) and his immune system is pretty good due to being left in nursery from an early age!! Im just monitoring him and will only contact the gp if he gets worse. Im trying to treat as I would have done 6mths ago before the swine flu outbreak. As long as you watch his temp and wheeziness, I think thats the important bit

wasabipeanut Thu 30-Jul-09 19:01:02

Thanks guys - Yummymummy thanks for the warning about the wheeze I will monitor closely. Glad you are feeling better and that your girls are on the mend. x

yummymummy310 Thu 30-Jul-09 20:17:06

you're welcome, thank you, any improvement in how he is? Congratulations with the pregnancy by the way! x

wasabipeanut Fri 31-Jul-09 15:18:00

Thanks! Actually I took him to the docs this morning - he is fine. He has had a virus of some sort - possibly croup, but it wasn't swine flu. Just a nasty chesty cough. His chest is now clear so he seems to be over the worst. Now all he needs to do is remember how to sleep at night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now