Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just sort of fainted - anyone else had that?

(9 Posts)
giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 30-Jul-09 08:41:29

I am a fainter anyway, very prone to it. Infact been refered to cardiology for a heart scan because heartbeats too fast - which means blood pressure is low.

Got swine flu. Lying on bed and mirror is just above bed and so I kneeled up on bed to look at my throat (I am a bit obsessed with checking if I have white spots on tonsils) My whole face went tingly and it traveled down my body, then my eyes saw spots then everything went black, and my mouth felt almost numb but not quite (so hard to describe) and then I fell on to my bed - luckily not forwards in to the mirror!!

I felt myself falling and when I landed I remember thinking "oh good this is the bed" so I don't think I ever fully lost conciousness.

It didn't feel like a normal faint, it felt wierd. Never fainted from kneeling before. hmm

Feel a bit wierded out by that.

Elibean Thu 30-Jul-09 08:46:23

You poor thing, sounds v unpleasant. I've seen posts from others with flu who've sort of fainted, if that helps - am sure someone will relate at some point.

Is your temp high right now? Are you drinking enough fluids? I have felt dizzy when ill with temps, think thats fairly normal - take it v easy and rest lots, and call doc if it keeps happening of course.

Hope you feel better soon.

yummymummy310 Thu 30-Jul-09 09:27:37

I am a passer outer too and although I didn't actually faint with SF I thought I was going to several times and had to sit on the floor. When I'm going I see like silver specks infront of me, this happened 3 or 4 times so I sat on the floor. Better to stay in bed really.

Like Elibean said if at all possible try and rest loads and drink loads and load, try and keep cool too. Are you alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen?

I'm much better now but it really wiped me out, I tried to soldier on but the doc said I just wasn't shaking it without enough rest and I'd got a secondary infection so my husband had to take time off work to have kids and keep an eye on me, which is extremely rare! x

southeastastra Thu 30-Jul-09 09:28:50

ds fainted with suspected sf too

giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 30-Jul-09 10:26:04

Yup para and ibuprofen.

You know that way when you are about to faint? My arms feel like it a bit sometimes. And my head too. Its strange.

Oh well I shall stay in bed. My Dads going to bring up some shopping later and leave it outside my door.

Got the sofa bed set up infront room infront of TV, with laptop, wee table with juice and fruit - if only I was well enough to appreciate the luxury!

yummymummy310 Thu 30-Jul-09 10:39:38

I know I thought that usually a week in bed would be heaven! Take care wink

giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 30-Jul-09 10:44:08

I have been off work for 6 weeks doing fek all (wrist injury) but my surgery to fix that injury is next week so am desperate to get better so I can have it. Typical eh?!

yummymummy310 Thu 30-Jul-09 10:46:23

it never rains it pours, hope you are well in time, should be most people are ok within a week, I had a secondary infection but was unlucky with that.

Chin up!smile

Pikelit Thu 30-Jul-09 14:11:03

DS1 is a passer out and came close several times in the week he had SF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now