Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

It seems we are joining the Oink-Club

(7 Posts)
GreenMonkies Wed 29-Jul-09 21:22:22

DD2 spiked a temp of 40 this afternoon, when I got her home from nursery she puked all over me. Took her to the Dr and he has given her a voucher for Tamiflu.

Seems the runny nose and tickly cough wasn't just a cold after all.......

Bollocks!

Elibean Wed 29-Jul-09 22:02:46

Sorry to hear it, GM. Hope she's better soon, and no one else catches it.

Can I ask how long the runny nose/tickly cough went on for pre-temp? Have some runny noses here and off on holiday with 81 yr old granny on Friday....hmm

yummymummy310 Wed 29-Jul-09 22:09:59

oh no poor you, we've had it here and fought if off after a struggle so try not to worry too much, keep an eye out for any wheezing though as that should be checked, my eldest had a bit like an accute asthma attack which had to be treated in A&E but she's fine now and that was an unusual reaction.

Just telling people as thank my lucky stars every day that I couldn't sleep that night and watched her like a hawk. Sorry to those that have heard me banging on about it all the time!

If you can't keep the temperature down seek advice but think most on mumsnet have managed to by just doing normal things like alternating calpol/nurofen, keeping them cool maybe even with a fan if you have one and giving loads of fluids.

My girls seemed to respond well to tamiflu and bounced back quickly without any reactions to it, they didn't have the tummy upset symptom though with their SF.

I had tamiflu a bit too late I think and didn't recover as quick and got a secondary chest infection, so think the tamiflu helped them although can't be sure obviously.

Hope she's better soon x

GreenMonkies Thu 30-Jul-09 19:57:27

She's a bit better today, she's not eaten much, but not vomitted either. Her temp is down to 38, so still not normal, but not as bad as last night. However, I go feck all sleep as she was very restless, and I'm pooped now!

yummymummy310 Thu 30-Jul-09 20:39:59

yeah know how you feel, I had a midnight trip to A&E followed by at least 3 nights of checking the girls every 5 minutes and worrying about them all night, then I got the SF too and then a secondary infection....worn out, but we fought off the b*ugger and are coming out the other side now smile

Hope she is better soon and you escape it x

GreenMonkies Fri 31-Jul-09 10:16:24

It seems I spoke too soon. Her temp went back up over 39 last night, and at about 11pm she informed me, out of the blue, that she didn't want to be a mermaid. She's coughing like a 60 a day smoker and it's hard to believe so much snot can come out of such a small nose. I spent last night dosing her with paracetamol/ibuprofen every 3 hours and fetching her drinks and nursing her.

I is a bit tired now. [worn out emoticon]

yummymummy310 Fri 31-Jul-09 12:17:45

awh poor you guys hope you are all feeling better soon, how's she now?x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now