Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

getting pregnant now

(3 Posts)
missdashwood Wed 29-Jul-09 19:36:36

Am I absolutely mad to consider trying to concieve in the next few months? There are several reasons why I feel the need to get pregnant soon, but just feel as thou I shouldnt even be considering it!

yummymummy310 Wed 29-Jul-09 20:23:18

oooh that's a bit of a political hot potato isn't it not sure what I'd do if I was in your shoes. Have you read the other thread about pregnant women and SF someone posted some figures they'd calculated and said there is quite a slim chance of you getting swine flu and even if you did the chances of you suffering any real complcations when you're pregnant are still very slim, although higher than the general population.

Think it's just important if you did get SF to monitor symptoms carefully just incase you are one of the unlucky ones so you get the help you need fast.

We had swine flu here and it affected us all differently my eldest had real problems with her breathing and ended up in A&E and being put on a course of steroids / inhaler, she's fine now though. I had bad flu and a secondary chest infection my littlest just had milder symptoms.

I did see that a pregnant lady from scotland is on life support in Sweden with SF having a special procedure done where they take her blood out and clean it I think it said but she was obviously really unlucky and I don't know if she had any underlying health problems.

I've seen Mum's posting on here saying they have SF and are pregnant and haven't had it bad at all and recovered fine.

Good luck what ever you decide!x

missdashwood Wed 29-Jul-09 21:06:54

Thanks for that. Just noticed my little ones a bit nasal tonight, fingers crossed it develops into nothing more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now