Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I know you hate threads like this but humour me - do I have swine flu?!

(9 Posts)
giraffesCantRunA10k Wed 29-Jul-09 16:18:49

Was absolutely fine on Monday day time, but by Mon night had a high fever - paracetamol brought it down a bit. Slept all day Tuesday and was lethergic/sore head/tonsils slightly up and glands up. Last niht temp up again.

Today still lethargic, sore chest and back (around ribs, feels like that inflamation of cartlidge thing I often get when unwell) and have a temp just now, despite paracetamol. I didn't think it was swine flu as no cough or sneezing etc.

Have just sneezed a couple of times and feel my nose going. (could be rabbit fur up my nose though grin)

So is it possible to have swine flu without the cough? I feel a bit shit but have felt much much worse with tonsillitis etc and dont really feel like I should be using up NHS resources. Was meant to have lunch with Gran today but cancelled incase and have cancelled childline tonight.

My only worry is I am due to go in for surgery next week.

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 29-Jul-09 16:20:42

Have you done thhe online check?? If you have several of the symptoms yoou are to phone them, might bee worth checking if you are to have surgery next week. hope you feel better soon.

giraffesCantRunA10k Wed 29-Jul-09 16:22:17

Is that the NHS one that gives you tamiflu? I want to do it so I can see but I am in Scotland. And I started off trying to do it and was just not going to put my details in but it comes up with a scary warning about being prosectued if you misuse the service so I got scared.

yummymummy310 Wed 29-Jul-09 16:34:41

am sure it's possible, I didn't have a terrible cough just a bit of one, my girls had a bad cough each though, especially my eldest. I've got a lot of rib pain though, although I did get a secondary infection. Have you had really bad aches, pains and chills? I was so poorly didn't get out of bed for 4 days haven't ever done that I don't think and is v rare for husband to have to take time off work but doc said I wasn't fit to be incharge of 2 kids x

giraffesCantRunA10k Wed 29-Jul-09 16:39:20

Hot one min and shivering the next. Been in bed/sofa all day, if I get up for a drink need to lye down and have a wee rest after as feel exhausted. Throat feels that scratchy/coldy way.

giraffesCantRunA10k Wed 29-Jul-09 17:59:47

Phoned NHS24 then Dr - they said I do have it.

Hope they differentiate between S flu and normal flu I have no idea - I guess they aren't. Oh well sofa for me.

yummymummy310 Wed 29-Jul-09 19:18:42

good luck and hope you get better soon, think it's unusual to get normal flu in summer but may be wrong, keep an eye on your breathing just in case you get a secondary infection like I did. Think it's swine flu doing the rounds and so many flu type cases they haven't time to differentiate between flus unfortunately for us x

jmontan27 Wed 29-Jul-09 20:34:17

I have been wondering the same thing, as I haven't got a cough, but woke up yesterday with diarrhoea and feeling sick, fast heart rate and high temperature. Just had to lie down all day yesterday and today, feeling shaky. Diarrhoea subsided after a couple of hours and I was never actually sick, but still keep getting a temperature then feeling a bit better again. Mainly just feel knackered and too tired to do anything.
Did you get tamiflu? Hope you feel better soon!

giraffesCantRunA10k Wed 29-Jul-09 23:07:25

Nope Dr said would probably get better on its own. Yet some people seem to get it just if they know someone with SF

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now