Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I stay away from my friend?

(4 Posts)
nikki1978 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:14:17

My friend - who I am supposed to be spending the day with tomorrow - has suspected swine flu and has been unwell since Monday morning. I am going on her hen weekend this Friday and certainly don't want to catch it before then. Is it best to just avoid her until the weekend?

LouMacca Tue 28-Jul-09 18:21:29

I would say yes. If it is swine flu its highly contagious. Hen weekend may be cancelled anyway if she is too poorly. If she has the tamiflu hopefully she will be ok for the hen weekend tho. Fingers crossed.

yummymummy310 Tue 28-Jul-09 18:43:37

yeah would do if it's suspected swine flu you are supposed to isolate yourself for at least 5 days for an adult, 7 for a child if you are told you may have it.

We've had it here and I was really poorly with it would definately not have been fit for a hen do just starting to pick up now 8 days later, today first time I've even been outside.

One of my little girls was really poorly, one wasn't too bad and was ok within 3 or 4 days and my Mum was ok after 4 days, just depends on the person. Can make you very achey, shakey, hot, nasty cough, headache I got a secondary infection too though so was unlucky.

Wouldn't risk it if I were you especially if your pregnant or got little ones x

nikki1978 Wed 29-Jul-09 21:37:37

Thanks ladies. I stayed away. She told me I was to come nowhere near her. Had a day out by myself instead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now