Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine flu in Nursery and about to go on holiday

(4 Posts)
jasperc163 Mon 27-Jul-09 18:36:11

I have been taken the view that there isn't much I can do re SF and carrying on as normal (DD1 was a preschool and still in nursery). However we go on holiday to see relations in france at the end of next week and nursery which DD goes to 2x a week now has 4 cases. DD1 seems to catch everything and often gets high temp etc (just recovering from ear infection atm).

DH wants to pull her from nursery early (she leaves at end of next week anyway, just before we go away) to minimise chance of her getting it before we go.

I also have a 16week old DD2.

what wold you do? I am reluctant to start doing things like this as this is going to go on for a long time yet, however i can see the logic of trying to reduce the risk prior to us going away...

thanks

fairygirl3 Mon 27-Jul-09 18:53:36

i had a similar dilema/thread yesterday & got some good replies.As she leaves at the end of next week & only goes twice a week i would just keep her at home.Its not like its school /work your staying off & your not talking long term just till you have had your holiday.Yes she could get it from anywhere in the next week b ut if you send her & she gets it ,you will always think,what if.

yummymummy310 Mon 27-Jul-09 18:56:30

yeah so can I as would really mess up your holiday plans. Although maybe is a chance she's been exposed I'd pull her out if I was you!

I carried on as normal nursery, play places etc and the Friday before last my little girl got swine flu, was originally diagnosed with tonsilitis but was very wheezy so given an inhaler and later tamiflu. In the night she had what was like an accute asthma attack and we ended up at childrens. She's had a course of steroids and an inhaler and now nearly back to normal. Second little girl had it much milder. I've been poorly with it and got secondary infection now and fluid on one lung but on the mend at last I think!

Normally I would say don't change your normal routine hugely just to avoid swine flu as most kids aren't too poorly but as you have holiday plans and a little one in house would say avoid it at all costs!!

I've seen a few messages on here from people who've had to cancel holidays, plus you really don't want to get it when you are away from home, I'd be cautious if I were you. Only thing I wouls say is it seems a bit random who get's it as my husband hasn't had it and neither did mu Mum's partner x

jasperc163 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:33:35

thanks both, I am starting to think I will have to pull her out. A difficult decision but probably wise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now