Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just done the swine flu questionaire thing on the pandemic website

(6 Posts)
imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sun 26-Jul-09 20:05:13

For DD. I wasn't really too worried to be honest, she does have a temperature and a bit of a runny nose, she has been grumpy all day, but she was up at the crack of dawn today. Friday night was a late night for her. My instinct is that she doesn't have it - the assesment confirms this and says of course that she has not been authorised for tamiflu (defo wouldnt want her to have this if she didnt absolutely need it). Now i am worried that if things change i have "had my chance" as it were. I mean, that woudnt be the case would it if i re do the test if neccesary?

BakewellTarts Sun 26-Jul-09 20:07:15

They must let you redo the test as so many people don't have it at the moment and might catch it next week...

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sun 26-Jul-09 20:14:19

Thats my thoughts too bakewell, its just that it all seems very serious (i know that it is serious of course) but stating that misuse of the site could lead to prosecution - obviously it is at risk of getting jammed up.

Anyway, will keep an eye on DD tonight, we have calpol in and ibruprofen if necc. Hopefully she is just overtired and a bit run down - had a very busy week, may have caught up on her - but that doesn't usually lead to a high temp though doies it? Could it?

BakewellTarts Sun 26-Jul-09 21:06:46

I think they are trying to stop well folks stockpiling tamiflu just in case...hope your DD is OK tomorrow.

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:12:19

Thanks bakewell - she is asleep now and her temp seems to have gone off, has had calpol will monitor her, just as normal really.

Botbot Mon 27-Jul-09 08:59:08

DD went down with a high temp on saturday. Loads of SF cases at her nursery so I called the pandemic line and got the tamiflu. Two doses and about 48 hours later the fever has gone, she is eating normally and no sign of a cough - so either Tamiflu is a miracle cure or it wasn't SF she had, just a 24-hour bug of some description. Now I'm worried that if she does have SF later on, I won't be able to get hold of a full course of Tamiflu for her, because I 'cried wolf', as it were. Aaagh.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: