Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had pins and needles

(9 Posts)

I'm 3 days into this bloody flu and today have really bad pins and needles in my hands and feet. Anyone else had this....

Had reaction to tamiflu so can only take painkillers. Not feeling any better....but at least the clammy cold sweats have stopped.

Typing from my sick bed btw - been banished to bedroom by dp. sad

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 15:41:09

Ouch! Yes I have had this with flu but not swine flu - it's nothing to worry about unless your hands and feet go really cold and you get a stiff neck/headache in which case call the GP and ask for advice pronto.

It will get better. If you are on paracetamol, switch to ibuprofen. How long did you take the tamiflu for before stopping?

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 15:41:48

You are through the worst bit btw, another two days and you'll start to feel human again. Am amazed you can mumsnet with flu

yummymummy310 Sun 26-Jul-09 15:43:22

me too, yep I've had horrid cramps, pins and needles shooting pains and painful joints - horrid isn't it, hope it passes for you soon. I've got a secondary infection on my chest so got antibiotics for that too. Luckily my kids are on the mend and hubby didn't get it touch wood x

Only took 1 dose of tamiflu - 3 hrs later skin on fire and nearly blacked out - stopped on gps advice.

MN keeping me going - have told dp the typing helps the pins and needles lol grin

Only got back from hols late Thurs nite - can't even go out and show off me tan...sad

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 16:15:43

Have you been anywhere tropical?

Dont think Alicante classed as tropical - though wish had been somewhere tropical grin.

When we were there a few people we met had sickness, diarrhoea, sweats, headaches, aches and pains - but when you're in a hot country those are also symptoms of sunstroke and heatstroke - or too much alcohol hmm. With hindsight, at least 3 people I was with had those symptoms - probaably caught it off them.

Though have to say, feeling much better today - MNinng from kitchen today - been allowed out of bedroom grin.

missingtheaction Mon 27-Jul-09 13:06:26

dd got over her sf really quickly - just one bad day on Friday and steady improvement since then. and she was the only one of 5 of us to get fly, although there have been suspicious sniffles from a few of us

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now