Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how did your swine flu start?

(6 Posts)
candyfluff Sun 26-Jul-09 13:41:45

feel very odd since yesterday ,bad headache not shifting ,sore neck muscles and feel sick
a bug?

candyfluff Sun 26-Jul-09 13:42:25

and shaking

yummymummy310 Sun 26-Jul-09 15:49:14

I had a sudden cough and felt very hot, sore throat, head ache, then got chills, aches and pains etc and got a chest infection too so was quite breathless have got antibiotics for that now. Hope it isn't that but if it is just monitor yourself carefully and be assertive about rest. I tried to soldier on and it just got worse if I hadnt picked up on chest infection could've been serious x

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 15:54:56

Sounds like a bug - most likely a head cold coming on. If you have no fever or cough and are able to go about your day to day life (albeit slowly and clutching your head saying 'oww') it's probably a generic bug.

Take some painkillers and rest. If your temperature suddenly shoots up and you can't get out of bed because you hurt all over, that's swine flu.

Which DOES NOT MEAN you have to ignore your symptoms, but you can probably safely wait till tomorrow to call your GP.

Feel better soon.

pofacedandproud Sun 26-Jul-09 16:03:30

I've been feeling like this all since last night. Shaky and headache, aching and weak. But no sore throat or cough [yet] Odd.

candyfluff Sun 26-Jul-09 16:52:41

thankyou for your replies ,just taking painkillers and fluids,not eaten much today -no appetite,hopefully just a bug ,dh and kids all had one 2 weeks ago i thought id got away with it
they had temp and sickness,i have neither

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now