Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What do I Have then? Is this it?

(8 Posts)
Polgara2 Sat 25-Jul-09 16:03:22

So if i just have a really high (for me) temperature 39.4 at highest so far, a sore throat, aching limbs ,shivering then hot, and bad head (even my fingers hurt at 6am) but no runny nose or cough = do i just have a 'virus'?

DD2 had it first, similar symptoms but she didn't seem as bad for as long iyswim.

Polgara2 Sat 25-Jul-09 16:33:00

oh and my temp has now reached 39.1 and I am not due any more ibuprofen until 7pm - suggestions on a postcard please! Whatever it is I am mightily hacked off anyway - haven't felt this ugh in a while sad

VulpusinaWilfsuit Sat 25-Jul-09 16:36:07

You can alternate with paracetamol, as long as you still don't take any more than you are allowed of each one in 24 hrs IYSWIM.

Sorry you are feeling rough.

Ripeberry Sat 25-Jul-09 16:41:27

It does sound like SF, especially if it came on quickly. Take care of yourself and drink plenty of fluids.

Polgara2 Sat 25-Jul-09 16:49:49

thank you - i am alternating and am taking max doses but it doesn' seem to be working currently.

Am in bed feeling sorry for myself - dh gone to football, have just texted him to get more tabs! Goodness knows what the dc are doing but they are doing it quietly anyway.

It did come on very quickly for dd and I but I just assumed you would have to have a runny nose and a cough for SF but I certainly feel ill enough - can't decide whether to do anything about it or not? Don't think Tamiflu helps that much anyway does it?

Elibean Sat 25-Jul-09 18:08:24

Cough can develop after a couple of days, ditto runny nose...either way, really hope you feel better soon. Very high temps seem to last a couple of days at most, so if you don't see any improvement by tomorrow evening/Monday morning I would call GP (or before, if you feel really bad, of course).

People I know who have taken Tamiflu have found their temps dropped quite fast after first dose.

Try to keep cool, damp cloths etc as you would for LO...and lots and lots of fluids. You poor love, hope it eases soon!

Polgara2 Sat 25-Jul-09 19:05:37

Sigh thank you for the much needed sympathy!

Lots of fluids going in and cool flannel to hand. Am now taking my much waited for next dose of ibuprofen - hope it has some effec.

Am also feeling very miffed that MIL is doing a birthday tea for dd2 tomorrow and it is looking very likely that I will miss it sad. It will have to be a doggy bag!

zonedout Sat 25-Jul-09 21:17:30

sounds very much like our experience of it. hope you feel better very soon, sorry you will miss dd2's birthday tea but enjoy your doggy bag grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now