Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should i start storing Breast Milk ...

(8 Posts)
Shell001 Fri 24-Jul-09 22:43:10

I ve not started introducing bottle or expressing for DS2 but with all going on im thinking a store in the freezer is a good idea ?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 24-Jul-09 22:46:09

why?

llareggub Fri 24-Jul-09 22:47:35

I haven't particularly expressed for swine flu but I do think it is a good idea to have a store of expressed milk. I've stocked up the freezer because DS2 is 3 months and I'd quite like a contingency. No harm in stocking up but no need to panic/get obsessive about it.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 24-Jul-09 22:48:05

Are you planning for shop closures (in which case the leccy will go off and thaw your precious supplies)?

You can't give antibodies unless you've had it.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 24-Jul-09 22:49:23

Sorry, I only ask beacuse I got a bee in my bonnet about expressing for ds2 when he was pretty tiny and now he's 14 months I have a stack of unused bm in the freezer

llareggub Fri 24-Jul-09 22:59:39

I'm expressing to allow me to go out on my own and have someone else feed DS2, not swine flu. I've always thought a store to be a good idea though.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 24-Jul-09 23:16:42

Cook with it people - it makes fab rice pudding for your toddler! Best not to mention it to the inlaws though when they greedily scoff the lot grin

Shell001 Sat 25-Jul-09 20:25:55

Just thought as a back up if i was ill ? .. be start DP with a bottle too .. just me being me ..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: