Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how are you dealing with LO's with this cough with SF?

(7 Posts)
mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 19:01:19

my 3yr old ds is on tamiflu(since wed) and today cough got worse, gp said as long as temp etc ok not to worry and that it was quite common. He is coughing ALOT with it and i know this will affect him tonight. Have put pillow under the mattress at head end to raise him but gp saidnothing will help, anyone??

mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 19:34:21

bump

paranoidpiggy Fri 24-Jul-09 19:40:56

Have you seen a GP in the flesh rather than on the phone? Symptom checker last night said my dd had swine flu. GP this morning diagnosed croup. I have been advised to keep the window in the bedroom open, and put her in a steamy room if necessary. My mum said when I had croup she just moved the kettle into the bedroom and kept boiling it to make the steam.

mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 19:50:52

yes doctor came out weds. He has every symptom of SF aswell. He had croup earlier this year and this cough is different...

JennyPenny22 Sat 25-Jul-09 23:17:56

My DD has an awful cough with it as well. She is 18 months old and I think this is the worst symptom so far. Getting Tamiflu in the morning.

mad4myboys Sun 26-Jul-09 06:39:16

ds1 slightly better although now my 8month old has awful awful cough and sore throat.He was put on the baby tamiflu yesterday....

really had enough of this now sad

yummymummy310 Sun 26-Jul-09 19:26:58

my 2 both had swine flu one more badly than the other and have been left with horrid barking cough, doc inspected them Friday with us all masked and said they were fine and over the worst no sign of infection.

I on the other hand had a secondary infection and was given antibiotics so make sure you look after yourselves as well as the little ones Mums, I forgot about myself and ended up the worst one in the house hold.

Is very hard though when you are quarantined to get any help! My husband having to stay off work now until I pick up. Is it just me or are grown men not getting it? My mum had it too and her partner didn't.

Hope you're all well soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now