Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has DS actually had Swineflu or was it panic diagnosis??

(4 Posts)
juicylucytoo Fri 24-Jul-09 14:52:32

My DS (2) developed high temp (39+) tues morning. He already had a dry cough, was a bit bunged up (nose) and was off his food a bit. Rang GP who diagnosed swine flu.

The temp continued until Thurs and he was definately out of sorts.

Now he's right as reign. Am wondering if he's even had it. A freinds DD now has it and I was planning to go over there tomorrow. Now wondering if this is wise. I'm 22wks pregnant btw.

thegrammerpolice Fri 24-Jul-09 16:22:11

Sounds like it but who knows...ds had similar. I really wish I could find out but can't. Here's hoping it was and they got off lightly.
I'd be cautious about seeing the little girl given you are pg though just in case.

paranoidpiggy Fri 24-Jul-09 16:32:35

I did the symptom checker last night for dd who is 5 and it diagnosed swine flu and gave us a code to get tamiflu. I took her to the doctors this morning and she was diagnosed with croup. She has the same symptoms you have listed. I think there is a lot of misdiagnosis of swine flu going on tbh

thegrammerpolice Fri 24-Jul-09 16:52:28

Agree with you there PP - definitely complete over-diagnosis. Could be quite dangerous really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now