Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm a childminder..........mindee off as being treated for Swine Flu.......ds2 has symptoms but surgery won't say either way............

(7 Posts)
looneytune Fri 24-Jul-09 14:48:28

Ds2 has been unwell for over a week now but was starting to get better (told twice on phone that as no temp, not swine flu)......mindee had sudden temp on Wed and after speaking with Dr, is now being treated for Swine Flu so staying away for 5 days. This morning ds2 started with a temp and has been off his food and a bit more clingy but mostly ok in himself. I phoned the surgery AGAIN (for mindees sake) and gave an update and they said it COULD be Swine Flu, they can't know for sure, it could just be a normal respiratory infection.

So, do I phone all parents and close just in case? I've got a SLIGHT temp, a SLIGHT sore throat and a SLIGHT headache too. A couple of other children have slight temps too but nothing major and are mostly ok in themselves.

What do you think? I've asked in the childminder section but chances are they are too tied up to reply until later.


kif Fri 24-Jul-09 14:57:45


It's all batty.

looneytune Fri 24-Jul-09 14:59:13

tell me about it!!!!

difficultdecision Fri 24-Jul-09 16:11:17

tell the parents and give them the option of keeping their children at home?

GwarchodwrPlant Fri 24-Jul-09 16:14:13

I would inform the parents and inform your local inspector they might be able to advise you further. If you say it's mild and you feel ok to continue working then I would let the parents make the choice whether they want to bring their children to you.

Definately inform your inspector though.

looneytune Fri 24-Jul-09 16:24:34

Thanks everyone. I've contacted them now so all in hand, decided to go ahead. As for the local inspector......not sure who you mean? I did contact someone in our Early Years team who just referred me to the same numbers/leaflet as everyone else. Will look into who I need to contact

looneytune Fri 24-Jul-09 16:42:30

I've phoned local HPU and they gave me a number and those people logged the details and said that's all I need to do, so hopefully that's fine. I don't think Ofsted will want to know as they'll end up with so many calls, at least I've notified someone Will make a log of the call at my end too.

Right, off to get some headache tablets as it's starting to hurt more now.

Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: