Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If your lo has had swine flu, how did it start?

(9 Posts)
alittleteapot Fri 24-Jul-09 13:51:14

We're about to go away and dd has had a runny nose and very tiny cough for three days now. I think it's a light summer cold nothing more sinister but wanted to see how others flu had started before i pack the car!

Elibean Fri 24-Jul-09 14:32:07

Usually, I believe, its sudden onset of fever and other symptoms - if your dd has no raised temp, and is the same afer three days, I wouldn't worry! Happy holidays smile

juicylucytoo Fri 24-Jul-09 14:39:39

My DS had a cough for 2 days before the quick temp rise. He has been diagnosed as having sf, but not sure if that is what it is.

However, whatever it is he got it mildly and was right as reign after 3 days - so wouldn't neccessarily cancel hols unless it would be impractical to care for / quarantine her at your destination.

alittleteapot Fri 24-Jul-09 14:42:51

thanks. i think we'll be ok, just last min nerves. good to get away! hi elibean, hope you and yours are fending it off!

kazbeth Fri 24-Jul-09 16:07:20

My daughter developed a sudden temp and cough all in one day. She was fine in the morning but then by the evening really rough.

Pack the car and have a great holiday

sarah293 Fri 24-Jul-09 16:08:49

Message withdrawn

Botbot Sat 25-Jul-09 17:45:05

Runny nose. Then a strange trip to the playground with her not being interested in going on anything. Fever started an hour later.

We're supposed to be going on holiday next sat, so hoping it's going to be all over by then (and dp and i don't catch it).

smartiejake Sat 25-Jul-09 18:13:39

Sudden onset(within a few hours) headache, aches, pains and fever (DH and DD) Rough for the first day then days 2 and 3 just like a bad cold. Day 4 fine.

DD had tamiflu but Dh didn't.

zonedout Sat 25-Jul-09 21:14:26

ds1 & 2 sudden high fever, slight runny nose, slight cough, severe chills

ds1 complained of sore throat, hurting skin, headache, body aches and at his worst couldn't stand up. ds2 (still ill) only 9 months so can't tell me but has a bit more of a cough than ds1 and seems to feel pretty awful.

dh & i bracing ourselves...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now