Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I have had SF, Tamiflu finished yesterday... I am missing my boys...?

(6 Posts)
Julezboo Fri 24-Jul-09 12:53:00

I am fed up.

The only symptoms I have left are a headache and achy body. I cough maybe twice a day. I am on day 6 of being quarantined.

I am utterly fed up. I even did washing today. I suspect the headache may be to do with my eyes needing testing given I have had it since last Saturday.

My boys are with their nan (both high risk) I want to see them tomorrow. I want to go out tomorrow. I haven't seen them since last Friday as they went to their nan's because we had an early appointment at the bank and I fell ill Saturday morning.

Do you think I am ok to face the real world again without infecting people?

Elibean Fri 24-Jul-09 23:00:42

I would think so, isn't it 7 days 'to be on the safe side'?

Can imagine how much you're looking forward to seeing your boys again. Well done for staying in quarantine this long, wish more would do the same! Enjoy the reunion smile

Hulababy Fri 24-Jul-09 23:02:03

Thought they said 5 days generally.

thirtypence Fri 24-Jul-09 23:15:17

Thought it was 5 days if you had tamiflu?

Elibean Sat 25-Jul-09 10:33:17

Either way, you're ok - enjoy smile

yummymummy310 Sun 26-Jul-09 19:31:47

I was told 5 days for adults 7 for children, but think it depends how you're feeling. Think my kids would've been ok to go out on day 5 where as I definately wasn't but seem to be improving now on day 6 and if up to it may venture out on day 7 or 8.....feel like a recluse, am bit worried people won't understand I'm not infectious anymore and avoid us or get really paranoid if we cough!

Hope you enjoyed your reunion!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now