Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wondering now if my DD has actually had swine flu, what do you think?

(5 Posts)
CurryMaid Fri 24-Jul-09 09:33:29

Back in June DD (then 10 months) had one day of very runny nose, cough and high temp - was 39 degrees at one point. Gave her calpol and her temp went down, a couple of days later she then had a tummy bug - vomiting and runny nappies.

She's been fine since, it did not at the time cross my mind to consider that it might be swine flu.

I don't suppose there's any way to tell retrospectively if she's had it now, does anyone know?

CurryMaid Fri 24-Jul-09 10:38:10

I know it's boring!

Geepers Fri 24-Jul-09 10:40:25

Doesn't sound much like flu to me, of any variety. Sounds like a virus, followed by upset tummy.

CurryMaid Fri 24-Jul-09 10:41:50

That's good, thanks Geepers. I have no idea what any of the symptoms are apart from high temp and that's what she had so thought I should check.

I don't think the tummy bug was related though, because I caught it too but didn't have it the temp or runny nose with it.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Fri 24-Jul-09 10:44:05

WE had similar symptoms that ran through our family in mid-June also. NHS direct said it couldn't be SF as we hadn't been to Mexico. I pointed out that we live and work at a place where many people had just returned from a long holiday period and I had no idea where all of them had been.

Mine were ill for longer though, and completely knocked out. I was fine at lunchtime and by 4pm unable to get out of bed. After 3 days in bed I went into work and had to go home again as i was so weak and shaky.

After the main coughing/temp symptoms, 2 of my kids had a weird rash which was diagnosed when we finally saw the GP as strep infection - which I've later learned can be a complication of SF anyway. And DH finished his version with an awful gagging lasting cough that he had for weeks before finally taking ABs and it went within a coupla days.

I am still convinced that is what we'd had. Well, I hope so anyhow, as wouldn't like to go through it again. Who knows though? I could have been a different flu also or some other virus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now