Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

3 yr old on tamiflu but cough getting worse....

(7 Posts)
mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 09:17:23

are they likely to give him anything for the cough? His temp is ok at the mo..

TitsalinaBumsquash Fri 24-Jul-09 09:20:04

I would call GP as flu can cause a secondary infection even with tamiflu, he may need antibiotics.

mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 09:27:19

i have a phone apt later this afternoon... its so wierd as he is so up and down, running round being naughty then crashed on sofa.

mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 09:27:19

i have a phone apt later this afternoon... its so wierd as he is so up and down, running round being naughty then crashed on sofa.

Elibean Fri 24-Jul-09 09:41:13

Hello mad4, sorry to hear ds has the flu...just to say, all the kids I know with SF have had coughs that developed over the course of several days, usually getting worse as the other symptoms (esp temp) get better. Also, a GP told me that up/down behaviour goes more with viral than bacterial infections - so running around/crashing is probably a good sign!

Still would use apt. to ask about chest infections, though - TB is right, secondary infections aren't uncommon with flu.

mad4myboys Fri 24-Jul-09 09:43:08

hi elibean. He has had chest infec before and was very obvious and he isnt like that...temp is def fine

Elibean Fri 24-Jul-09 09:49:51

Good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now