Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

oh great, now ds1 has it.

(17 Posts)
sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 14:48:07

Message withdrawn

ilovesprouts Thu 23-Jul-09 14:50:01

hi my dd bf has it and they both have to take tamiflu me and ds2 have got antibioctics

sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 15:20:19

Message withdrawn

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jul-09 15:43:17

Riven - don'y you have 'open access' to the children's ward? Could you ring them?

sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 15:48:13

Message withdrawn

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jul-09 15:56:02

That is so crap! I can't believe that sad and angry - I've seen what beenfits open access has in our hospital, it is invaluable for those parents who need it. Good luck with the campaign!

GP is a good plan - a pharmacist should also be able to help. I suspect with two possible cases of flu in the house the benefits of Tamiflu for her now outweigh the risks?

sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 16:25:29

Message withdrawn

mumto3boys Thu 23-Jul-09 16:52:36

Can you ring the children's ward at the hospital? Could they put you in touch with a different paed?

Is there anything with the tamiflu that says if it cannot be taken with other medication, or are you more worried that all the medication would be too much for your DD?

Can't believe you are getting no guidance. Although we got no help for our asthmatics DTs either. Still don't know if we all had it or not!

dikkertjedap Thu 23-Jul-09 17:03:32

You might find out more on

www.tamiflu.com

in the healthcare practitioners section. There seem to be a number of situations in which it is not advisable to take tamiflu. In the patient leaflet it just says that if you take other medication you have to tell your doctor.

Can't you phone the Portland hospital for mothers and children in London and see if they can tell you over the phone if it is ok to take with your dd medication. I found them reasonably helpful in the past.

daisy5678 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:36:24

If you had it, given that you sleep in her room, I would have thought that she'd have had more chance of getting it from you than from ds1 (who, I'm guessing, doesn't get as close).

sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 18:52:55

Message withdrawn

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jul-09 19:09:05

Oh dear sad Not a great day for the NHS all round really.

sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 19:12:43

Message withdrawn

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jul-09 19:37:44

Well I'm sure assessing your dd is more difficult than assessing a non disabled child of the same age - so that's why we send them to medical school and pay them the biggish bucks - to deal with that level of difficulty! angry that you have to spell everything out to the numpty.

Is there any point in ringing the flu line do you think - to see about starting her on the Tamiflu?

mumto3boys Thu 23-Jul-09 20:32:11

Can you complain to the practice manager? This really isn't good enough. I assume your daughter is immune to all other diseases and infections due to being disabled?!!? Or does he think she should just put up with it??!! What an idiot GP!

Elibean Thu 23-Jul-09 21:41:04

Unbelievable shock

Having read another thread just now, I am feeling increasingly grateful for the GPs at our local practice.

sarah293 Fri 24-Jul-09 07:58:25

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now