Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I cancel the party?

(6 Posts)
suecy Thu 23-Jul-09 11:50:45

Having a kids party on sat - dd and ds had temps and nausea earlier in the week - put on tamiflu as a precaution, but I don't think it was swine flu as went after 2 days.

Both are fit and well today.

All the kids have been at school together last week where there were reported cases, so have had loads of chance of spreading/cross infecting.

Would you :

a. cancel the party
b. go ahead but contact everyone and explain
c. keep quiet and go ahead

PortBlacksandResident Thu 23-Jul-09 11:55:00

b. - even if not many come your DCs still get a party which is always nice after you've been poorly.

gingernutlover Thu 23-Jul-09 11:58:52

yep, b i think, explain they have been ill, they are now not ill and its up to guests if they want to come

after all if your children have no symptoms they are not contagious.

GeeWhizz Thu 23-Jul-09 12:05:59

B as gingernutlover, people can make up their own minds.

Hope you all have a great time.

Lovemyshoes Thu 23-Jul-09 13:39:19

I would definately go with plan b. If I were the parent of a child going to your party, I would appreciate the call and still let my children go.

abraid Thu 23-Jul-09 13:52:23

I'm in the same situation: my daughter has had SF since last night (possibly earlier). My son seems fine. My doc. said that the party can go ahead as long as my son is symptom-free (it's his party) and I explain to everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now