Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

*SWINE FLU AGAIN*

(3 Posts)
ilovesprouts Wed 22-Jul-09 23:32:38

hi my dd boyfriend has been ill over the past day or two they are treating him for swine flu but are not 100% sure he has it are the rest of my family at any risk me, dh ,ds2 and what about the ppl we have been in contact with hmm

dikkertjedap Thu 23-Jul-09 17:08:59

Possibly, he would have been contagious from one day before the symptoms started to up to 7 days after. When my dh was diagnosed dd3 and myself got tamiflu as a precaution and were told to stay away as much as possible. So he stayed in one bedroom, we in the rest of the apartment (we were on holiday), we also kept windows open as much as possible, washed all the laundry at 90 degrees (need 75 degrees or higher to kill the virus) and all the time cleaned doorhandles, loo, etc and frequent hand washing. My dd3 and I didn't get it and were able to go out and about. So maybe you want tamiflu as a precautionary measure but you would need to be quite quick as you would need it within 48 hours ideally (you probably have slightly longer given that you don't show symptoms).

ilovesprouts Thu 23-Jul-09 17:24:02

me and ds2 have only got antibiotics and dd and bf are on tamiflu hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now