Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I know people have already asked but....

(5 Posts)
womblingfree Wed 22-Jul-09 21:32:14

....really not sure about sending DD (4.10) to nursery tomorrow.

We had a letter on Friday to say 1 child had been diagnosed. Phoned nursery today and there are now 7 confirmed cases - there are only about 40 kids attending the nursery so it's quite a high percetage. I know of at least 2 more kids locally who have it, one of whom has been hospitalised.

I know she could pick it up anywhere, but she was a bit under the weather last Thurs (temp, droopy, no appetite) and has been coughing and sneezing a bit for the last couple of days, although is fine in herself now.

As we've had a really busy time of it lately am inclined to think she might be more prone to picking up SF (or any other bug for that matter), so am leaning towards keeping her home, but can't help wonder if it's a bit pointless. It's not as if I'm going to keep her indoors for the next 6 months.

Am a bit dubious about the staff at nursery and how vigilant they would be re handwashing, snotty noses etc, especially with crappy weather and them all cooped up indoors.

WWYD???

womblingfree Thu 23-Jul-09 01:14:45

bump??!!

holdingittogether Thu 23-Jul-09 13:43:13

Advice is to carry on as normal so unless she is unwell herself I would send her. Did you send her in the end?

GothMummy Thu 23-Jul-09 14:20:26

I had to be off work myself this week with possible SF (whatever it was, I felt crappy and couldnt work) so I kept DS off as well from nursery where they have had some cases. He will go in next week though as I have to go to work.
If I was at home anyway, I would probably keep my child at home, but if you have to take time off work otherwise... it could go on for a long time so you have to weigh up what you can do.

womblingfree Fri 24-Jul-09 00:05:05

Kept her at home in the end. Didn't affect us work-wise and she's leaving on 14th August anyway to have a few weeks at home before starting school in September.

TBH it was nice to have some extra time with her as have been working overtime the last couple of weeks and had a lot of family stuff on lately.

I expect it will catch up with us at some point though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now