Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Who do you contact if you get ill (in UK) and your away on hols at the time?

(3 Posts)
TsarChasm Wed 22-Jul-09 20:34:59

Just wondered.

difficultdecision Wed 22-Jul-09 20:40:47

for swine flu queries call NHSdirect as usual or the flu line when it is up and running - then if advised to contact your GP you would contact a GP surgery local to the area you are staying at and ask to be seen as a 'temporary resident'(or call the local OOH depending on the time of day/weekend).

You can always ask to be seen by a local GP if you are on holiday or staying temporarily away from your own home and develop a new problem.

TsarChasm Wed 22-Jul-09 20:48:30

Ah right-o thanks so much DD that's good advice. Like everyone, I'm hoping it doesn't appear on holiday.

5 of us in a tent with SF doesn't sound like a happy situation. Dh says I'm always 'glass half empty'blush But I like to be prepared.

I'll check out a few tel nos before we go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: