Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd (11) has swine flu and we are due to go on holiday in a week's time to USA...

(5 Posts)
snackattack Wed 22-Jul-09 18:54:25

Dd went down with symptoms yesterday - high temp (39), aching, headache, coughing, tummy pains etc etc Has spent all day today on sofa ill - we are collecting Tamiflu tonight for her. Convinced we are all going to go down with it including her sister (aged 5). I am worried that we may not be able to travel to US in 8 days' time. What are the chances do you think?? Insurance will cover our holiday but nonetheless kids will be v. disappointed. Doc says that it's very contagious and good chance at least one of us will get it - I feel ill thinking about it having had dd coughing over me most of the day!! Thoughts? thanks.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 18:56:03

I think you will have to ring the air line to see if they will let you fly and then ring America to see if they will let you in.

snackattack Wed 22-Jul-09 18:57:54

Oh my goodness.... who should I ring? do you have Obama's phone number? smile

hercules1 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:59:09

I wouldnt worry too much. None of you may get it and your dd should be over it by then.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 19:01:23

He is on speed dial grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now