Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I go to work tomorrow - YOU DECIDE

(13 Posts)
PrefetParfait Wed 22-Jul-09 17:48:03

Official policy from HR/SHE states that we must stay home if we have fever and 2 other symptoms.

Today I have no voice. No sore throat. No cough (apart from a chesty one first thing in the morning). No fever. Just an absence of my voice. I feel otherwise well.

A vote was taken by my peers (but not managers) at lunchtime and they unanimously voted to send me home.

I DO NOT believe I have swine flu...but I am sick of people asking if I have or if I have a fever....should I just say sod it tomorrow and stay in bed?

PrefetParfait Wed 22-Jul-09 17:48:21

<I didn't go home today BTW>

bigchris Wed 22-Jul-09 17:50:29

stay home

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:50:32

Message withdrawn

PrefetParfait Wed 22-Jul-09 17:52:08

Is that a justifiably stay home....or a F*&% them and stay home...or a sod it take the opportunity to stay home

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:25:57

Message withdrawn

vjg13 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:33:34

See how you feel in the morning? No fever, go to work.

cass66 Thu 23-Jul-09 16:38:48

FFS, you have lost your voice. no temp, no cough, nothing to suggest SF.

a lost voice is usually due to laryngitis, a viral infection, not related to swine flu.

I hope you did go to work. I have had a cold this week. snotty, cough, felt a bit heady. I went to work.

This country really will grind to a halt if everyone with vague cold symptoms stays off work. no wonder there is mass panic here....

GothMummy Thu 23-Jul-09 16:44:48

Are you better now? I have worked through larygitis before but had to ask to be taken off the phone lines ;)

SlartyBartFast Thu 23-Jul-09 16:45:15

pamper yourself.
how often do you lose your voice?
presumabley it is a very rare thing and can't be very pleasant while at work?

beautifulgirls Thu 23-Jul-09 17:26:07

Well, just saying that this a swine flu and you do infect the people who asked to you stay away?....
I agree it doesn't sound like SF, but they have requested you are not about so I would make the most of it and be happy the rest of your colleagues are not going to blame you if they do get SF in the near future. They shouldn't be cross with you for not being there if it is not SF as this was their choice.

PrefetParfait Thu 23-Jul-09 17:32:45

Well still had a bit of lost voice this morning.

Also had a hacking productive cough, and a slight temp.

I stayed home because I felt mildly shite, but I think it is more likely to be a chest infection that SF (and I am not saying that it is).

I felt mildly shite and couldn't be bothered to put up with all the comments. I agree with you about the company grinding to a halt if everyone that sneezes takes 5 days off (which is why I stayed yesterday). But I had the day off sick. But it will not be attributed to SF on my self cert, I will log it as Laryngitis.

katiestar Fri 24-Jul-09 14:27:04

Not answering your question but nSurely if you have a fever for any reason you shouldn't go to work ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now