Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

childminder charging full rate and refused to have well child after poss flu

(4 Posts)
itbird Wed 22-Jul-09 15:24:36

so long - just need to see what you guys think - my dd had high temp on sat, same sun called doc, prescribed tamiflu over the phone on sun, started that sun pm, no sneezing, coughing, only symptoms were vommitting and temp, although she only started vomitting after taking tamiflu and one of the side effects is vommitting! So is all ok by tues, normal temp not vomitted since mon am. Supposed to go to childminder wedsnesday pm and kept her up todate throughout the week, she said she couldnt take him becasue it may have been swine flu. caused a prob as i then had to take two days unpaid leave with a well child!! And has now billed me for the full daily rate for last week!! is this fair and reasonable - any advice would be appreciated

MagNacarta Wed 22-Jul-09 15:25:58

Yes, it is fair and reasonable - why should she lose out because your child was ill.

MovingOutOfBlighty Wed 22-Jul-09 15:28:10

Agree with Mag. Sorry to hear about your dd. But think it is reasonable she has not been taken for a period of time.

If it is any consolation, this week of having swine flu myself 4 days of 2 dcs at childminder plus losing 3 days salary. sad Its a real bummer.

AvadaKedavra Wed 22-Jul-09 15:47:21

Seeing as current advice is to stay away with SF/Suspected SF from work/school/etc for 7 days, I think it's perfectly reasonable that she said she couldn't take your apparently better child. She does have others to consider after all.

As to the charging, check your contract, if it's agreed you pay in case of your/your child's illness then you pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now