Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vaccine testing for H1N1 starting tomorrow

(3 Posts)
dikkertjedap Tue 21-Jul-09 15:33:34

A bit of good news. See:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601081&sid=a2VNdTrKFIKs

Unfortunately not GlaxoSmithKline with whom the UK have entered into a contract. From memory Baxter is the company who distributed vaccines which contained live virus by mistake a few years ago.

But the good news is that at least CSL and Sanofi-Aventis will start proper testing soon. Next question: if the tests go well, how do you get hold of these specific vaccines if you are an individual?

Sawyer64 Tue 21-Jul-09 15:41:45

Pay for them I guess,unless you fit the criteria for Priority vaccinating I presume.

If its like anything else,there will probably be clinics around that you can get it from if you pay.

Your link

BEAUTlFUL Wed 22-Jul-09 11:36:36

Swime Flu vaccines caused awful paralysis and some deaths in the US in 1976. Sme situation, vaccines rushed out before predicted pandemic.

It makes me worried about this vaccine. Esp as Baxter, like you say, sent out flu vaccines infected with live Avian flu not long ago at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now