Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tower Hamlets London

(3 Posts)
aiti72 Tue 21-Jul-09 15:16:52

Hi, anyone from Tower Hamlets, East London here? We are living in the UK hotspot of SF (330 confirmed cases in this councilsad) and I'm terrified for my LOs, especially for 12 month old DD2. It's surreal, feels like living in medieval times, it's the last thought at night and first in the morning. Personally, I still don't know anyone who has had SF, so could someone please reassure me my children can survive it..

thegrammerpolice Tue 21-Jul-09 15:53:00

Aiti, calm down!

If you look at the statistics only a tiny, tiny number of children have died. The vast majority (including my ds who has had it according to the GP) are fine and back to normal within a few days.

If your dd does not have underlying health conditions you should really try not to worry so much. Of course it would be unpleasant for a few days or a week but it's not the plague!!!

aiti72 Tue 21-Jul-09 20:16:01

Thanks, grammerpolicesmile. Happy to hear your ds is well now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now