Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do something REALLY useful to monitor Swine Flu instead of panicking... Flu Survey

(16 Posts)
VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 21-Jul-09 11:44:38

Fill in the Flu Survey here

I have just done it.

It is Kosher, sponsored by global govts and seems secure.

Monitoring symptoms this way will help epidemiological analysis enormously.

Please do it.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 21-Jul-09 11:46:08

And watch it crash as the whole of MN logs on... grin

paranoidmother Tue 21-Jul-09 11:52:47

It seems to be a better survey than the NHS one.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 21-Jul-09 12:16:26

oooh, 3 people reporting SF symptoms in my postcode (not me, as it doesn't record retrospective symptoms)

How very exciting. Must tell BadKitten.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 21-Jul-09 12:31:36

Finally I have read the instructions properly. They ask you to report health every week and email updates.

And they ask you to tell your friends also.

pofacedandproud Tue 21-Jul-09 16:00:10

good survey vulpus.

pollypentapeptide Tue 21-Jul-09 16:42:07

We have been diagnosed with 'suspected SF' in our house (well me, DH and eldest DS) so have done the survey. Interesting!

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 21-Jul-09 20:02:27

you called Vulpus grin

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 21-Jul-09 21:03:29

Have you seen the interactive map OYBBK?

Good site all round I think.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 21-Jul-09 22:02:22

It is very cool - thanks for the link

VulpusinaWilfsuit Wed 22-Jul-09 13:34:55

Bump. Do it. You know you want to. Especially and even the Flu Sceptics who think it is all a govt conspiracy: I challenge you to fill in all your non symptoms to prove your point that it is all a storm in a teacup.

Deva7 Wed 22-Jul-09 13:39:37

According to that map , as well as being in the grip of a swine flu epidemic we must also have the largest rate for respiratory illness of any known summer.

I took that survey three times and couldn't get it to tell me i had swine flu.

LisamumtoJake Wed 22-Jul-09 16:25:01

I been feeling pants all day, sore head, and neck, sore throat and a little hot, according to this i got respiratory illness also hmm

VulpusinaWilfsuit Fri 24-Jul-09 10:51:29

Bump.

Who is doing this survey with me? I haven't filled in household details because I'm still not happy with the ethical and security guidance on the website. (Have emailed the academics involved to request more guidance grin) but would be happy to keep updating all the snot and coughs in my household.

I hope they realise there will be a one family blip of permasnot in the North Midlands...

VulpusinaWilfsuit Fri 24-Jul-09 10:53:07

Apparently numbers doing the survey jumped by 2000 on 21st July. When this message was first posted. grin

The power of mumsnet? grin

whomovedmychocolate Tue 11-Aug-09 08:10:17

Bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now