Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone tell me what the rash looks like?

(8 Posts)
whocaresaboutyourintellect Tue 21-Jul-09 10:38:00

My son has swine flu but my two dd's have had an unexplained rash but no symptoms. Can anyone tell me what it looks like?

UndertheBoredwalk Tue 21-Jul-09 10:41:19

I don't understand, swine flu doesn't have a rash associated with it, is that what you meant? Not sure what your DD's had but doesn't sound like swine flu to me

LIZS Tue 21-Jul-09 10:47:44

No rash , sounds like they may have something else.

nosleeptilbedtime Tue 21-Jul-09 11:44:49

Hi, yes there is a rash in a few cases, my DD had the rash for 2 days before the symptoms developed.

It was like hives, doc said it was an allergic reaction to the virus.

The rash got REALLY bad the night before she got better and when she had a v high temp.

15 kids in her class with SF, only one other had the rash too but I have read on the net that others have had rash too.

bruffin Tue 21-Jul-09 11:52:20

I have it(although not confirmed) and I have a rash on my arms and legs.

Julezboo Tue 21-Jul-09 13:39:00

My DS had a rash last week, was just a viral rash and not SF!

LUCIA22 Tue 21-Jul-09 16:30:48

I had suspected sf last week, not diagnosed. Breastfed DS throughout and he developed a rash but no temperature or other symptoms. I put it down to a post viral rash due to exposure to the sf, guessed he would get some immunity to it through the breast milk.

TheNonIronicCathKidstonGoat Tue 21-Jul-09 16:31:39

no rash but there might be a rasher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now