Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My whole body has been aching for two days but I need to take DD to the GPs

(8 Posts)
morningpaper Tue 21-Jul-09 07:58:56

Because her eye is SWOLLEN.

I don't have a temperature or any other symptoms of the plague.

I'm not being irresponsible, am I?

Hassled Tue 21-Jul-09 08:04:49

No, you're not being irresponsible. But is there no-one else who could take her for you? Or is it worth trying a pharmacist in case it's something that can be treated over the counter?

morningpaper Tue 21-Jul-09 08:08:12

Nah it's quite bad and she's had it on and off for a week

There isn't anyone who can take her today - DH is away

Hassled Tue 21-Jul-09 08:11:07

Well while you're there ask the GP why your body has been aching for 2 days - doesn't sound good.

sarah293 Tue 21-Jul-09 08:32:53

Message withdrawn

LilRedWG Tue 21-Jul-09 08:34:10

If you have no other symptoms you should just go. You are allowed to be ill with things other than SF. ;)

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 21-Jul-09 08:54:44

Sorry you're not well, MP.

Have you tried calling the GP? I'd be inclined to try that first, before going to the surgery. If you can't get through to them, why not call your local pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist?

Hope you're both better soon.

morningpaper Tue 21-Jul-09 09:07:29

Well I'm basically OK, I'm just really aching

It might be from over-enthusiastic hanging of bunting all over the weekend following by standing in the rain for four hours = street party

I haven't got a temperature AT ALL

So I think I'm fine really

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: