Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help - should I cancel DD1's birthday?

(7 Posts)
LadyGlencoraSnape Mon 20-Jul-09 22:14:46

DD3 came home from school with high temp and headache. She is cross and tired and her tummy hurts too. No sore throat though and no cold symptoms though I can hear she has a snuffly nose.
Am giving Calpol and fluids.
Thing is - DD1 has 7 friends coming for a birthday sleepover on Friday. Should I cancel just in case DD3 turns out to have swine flu?
Aaagh... why now?

Hulababy Mon 20-Jul-09 22:15:53

I'd wait and see for a day or two.

Is there one of the other mums who might be willing to host for you?

LadyGlencoraSnape Mon 20-Jul-09 22:19:17

Host 8 12-year-olds for a sleepover!!!!!
I have good friends, but I'm not sure I'd dare ask!

bigchris Mon 20-Jul-09 22:20:14

no i wouldnt cancel

fishie Mon 20-Jul-09 22:20:39

if it is she will likely be past it by friday. unless dd1 gets it...

LadyGlencoraSnape Mon 20-Jul-09 22:22:00

Fishie shock Swine flu on your birthday... what a memorable gift from your little sister.

Madsometimes Tue 21-Jul-09 13:14:39

A nasty virus hit dd2's birthday. I had invited all the girls in her class to a play centre last Friday after school. During the course of the day, 10 children were sent home from school. My dd2 was not but she was a little hot when she came home. I did hesitate whether to bring her, but she seemed OK and it was her own birthday.

Anyway, we went to the play centre, but no-one from her class came. Some friends from out of school were there, and there were plenty of other children for the other birthday parties. dd2 did not mind too much (apart from when she saw the piles of presents for the other children).

We have all had temps and sore throats over the weekend, but nothing more. Unfortunately, SF was confirmed in her class on Monday. However, I do think that we have just had a summer virus, not SF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now