Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had a six month old baby with swine flu?

(4 Posts)
198 Mon 20-Jul-09 21:01:18

Hi, My son has just been diagnosed with swine flu - I'm really worried by baby will get it. Has anyones baby had swine flu? What should I expect? If I listen to the news I expect almost certain death. Dont want to over react or panic....BUT I AM!

nosleeptilbedtime Mon 20-Jul-09 21:09:09

Hi, don't worry too much, my daughter had it two weeks ago along with 15 in her class and our 3 month old baby hasn't seemed to be affected. Hope your son feels better soon, it only lasted a couple of days for us.

198 Mon 20-Jul-09 21:45:14

did you use tami flu?

nosleeptilbedtime Mon 20-Jul-09 22:15:14

No, I didn't even know it was swine flu until after she started to get better. She had v high temp with a cough and an upset tummy. She was only really ill for one day and the next day she spent on the sofa watching telly but in good spirits. Some of the kids in her class got tamiflu but it hasn't seemed to make much difference really, if anything Alice got over it quicker and was back at school before some of her friends who took tamiflu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now