Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

son's best friend's sister has had swine flu....advice on sleepover!!

(5 Posts)
discoball Mon 20-Jul-09 17:04:20

Hi, need some advice please.... my son's friend has invited him over for a sleepover tomorrow night and then to stay on during the day/home in the evening. My son is 12 years old and has asthma (mild to moderate). My son's friend's sister had swine flu 2 weeks ago and is now "over" it - do you think I should not let my son go for the sleepover, considering he has asthma? Don't want to unnecessarily put him at risk. What do you think? Am going to phone the swine flu helpline later, but wanted to know from any of you "in the know" about this! Thank you.

Mutt Mon 20-Jul-09 17:53:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

discoball Mon 20-Jul-09 18:38:11

Well it was actually about a week and a half ago, but not sure how long you are capable of passing it on for/? As I say, will phone helpline later, just need to have my mind put at rest. Sorry, but if you have a child with asthma, you will understand why I'm a little nervous!

lljkk Mon 20-Jul-09 18:51:17

Just ask if you can delay the sleepover for another week or so. That's what I would do; I don't know what the official advice is. I think that's reasonable given your son is one of the more vulnerable.

discoball Mon 20-Jul-09 18:55:56

Thank you, lljkk, I think I will! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now